Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Gurren Lagann

OK, I don't really want this to become just an anime blog, but since anime's obviously on my mind at the moment, I'll keep on that topic. I watched the first disk of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann last night, and it rocked! It's utterly ridiculous, silly super-mecha action, but done with so much enthusiasm (and quality) that it's hard not to like it. I felt a lot of FLCL-ishness in it (not surprising, as both are from Gainax) with the insane mecha designs and exaggerated character designs and animation. FLCL had a robot that looked like a giant hand--Gurren Lagann has robots that look like heads. And of course, no Gainax anime would be complete without bouncing boobies, and Gurren Lagann has plenty of "Gainax Bounce." All-in-all, one of the most fun anime shows I've seen in quite a while.

So, like, watch it. And stuff.

No comments: